NGA Glass Conference: September brought glazing industry technical leaders back together in-person on Sept. 15 in tandem with GlassBuild America. The conference included educational and informative presentations and discussions, with actionable takeaways for NGA Committees.
Highlights of the conference
- A presentation of key takeaways and trends gleaned from Glass Magazine’s Top Fabricator, Top Metals, Top Glaziers and Market Trends reports.
- A Glazing Industry Stakeholder Discussion, providing an overview of current ordinance and legislation surrounding bird-friendly glazing.
- Information about sustainability and embodied carbon, with a discussion of the origins and application of sustainability.
- A discussion on glazing for building and school security, detailing the need to educate architects on bullet-resistant glass application and retrofit best practice.
- The Technical Codes & Standards Update, focused on upcoming changes in the energy codes and an in-depth look at building code regulations for existing buildings in light of recent catastrophic events in Florida.
- A Glazing Industry Contributor Discussion explaining the premise of the new Frameless Shower Enclosure Design Guide.
- An update from NGA Committee Chairs on activities in progress.