COVID-19 Safety Measures
Updated August 23, 2021
The National Glass Association (NGA) is committed to creating an event experience where our participants can safely and effectively come together.
NGA follows CDC’s guidelines, the city of Atlanta and the state of Georgia (which owns the Georgia World Congress Center). In addition to our show's safety protocols, the Georgia World Congress Center has implemented a program of stringent processes for cleaning, disinfection, and infectious disease prevention under its GBAC STAR™ facility accreditation. For more information, please visit www.gwcca.org/returnplan.
Attendee Best Practices
Masks will now be required for everyone while in the GWCC and other indoor public areas (like your hotel) even if you have been fully vaccinated.
- Face masks must cover from the top of the nose to the bottom of the chin.
- NGA has a limited supply of masks available.
You must maintain physical distance at GlassBuild America. This year's trade show floor and meeting rooms have been designed to reduce crowding.
- Please respect the personal preferences of your peers when meeting and greeting one another. For example, some people may wish to elbow bump instead of shake hands.
Hand sanitizer stations will be available throughout the venue. Please wash your hands often, cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue or elbow. Stay home or at the hotel if you are sick.
NGA has partnered with Inspire Diagnostics to provide COVID-19 testing for anyone attending GlassBuild.
Prior to GlassBuild: You are welcome to order a COVID-19 home kit to be sent to you directly to administer and then mail back. Order deadline dates will be posted soon along with the link to place the order. Taking a test in advance will indicate if you are safe to travel. Order a test here.
Onsite at GlassBuild: COVID-19 testing stations will be available for those who experience symptoms or for travelers who must show proof of a recent negative COVID-19 test in order to board their return flight. Pre-register here. Note for international attendees: If you would like to pre-register for an onsite test to save time, please complete the form as requested but enter Georgia (GA) as your state. This will be corrected when you arrive for your test.
Both the PCR and Rapid tests will be available. Results from the PCR are available within 24-48 hours and just 10-15 minutes for Rapid. Test results are sent directly to your smartphone or computer.
When is testing available at the GWCC?
Sunday, Sept 12 9 am – 5 pm
Monday, Sept 13 8 am – 5 pm
Tuesday, Sept 14 9 am – 5 pm
Wednesday, Sept 15 8 am – 3 pm
Inspire Diagnostics will bill your health plan, the government, a government health plan or the uninsured fund for the testing. There will be no patient out-of-pocket cost. For those individuals wishing to pay personally rather than having it submitted to their health plan, the price is $119 for testing, plus $10 for electronic order review by an authorized 3rd party provider.
All attendees will undergo a temperature check when entering the GWCC as yet another safeguard to ensure a safe environment.
Upon entry of the building, anyone presenting signs of illness or flagged as a person of concern by onsite security because of COVID-19-like symptoms (i.e. fever, coughing, shortness of breath, loss of taste or smell, etc.), will be denied entry and asked to either take a rapid test or leave GlassBuild and seek medical attention.
PERSONAL ACCOUNTABILITY COMMITMENT
We have health measures in place and need you to play a role in helping us move forward safely with an in-person event. By attending GlassBuild America in Atlanta, GA, you agree to abide by and engage in conduct that is beneficial to the health and safety of the event.
Exhibitor Best Practices
NGA has provided extensive guidelines for exhibitors on how to maintain adequate social distancing in their booths. These include but are not limited to:
- Use open booth designs or create a restricted area to limit groups congregating in one particular area.
- Include protective barriers at reception desks.
- Allow for open entry and exit points for island booths.
- Clean machines and other high-touch surfaces multiple times throughout the day.
- Utilize seating and/or meeting rooms to encourage adequate social distancing.
- Provide hand sanitizer in their booth.
If serving food, work with Levy Restaurants (the official catering provider for the GWCC), to ensure proper food safety.
The GWCC has received GBAC STAR™ accreditation from the Global Biorisk Advisory Council, a division of ISSA Inc., the leading association for the cleaning industry. Accreditation is awarded to facilities that follow a high standard of cleaning, disinfection, and disease prevention and that follow proper cleaning and disinfection protocols and workplace practices.
In addition, the GWCC will implement an enhanced air filtration system and increased cleaning and sanitization in all high touch building areas, including but not limited to:
- Escalator and stair handrails
- All entrance revolving door handles, the main door handles, and push bars
- Furniture in public areas
- Meeting rooms (door handles, podiums, chairs, etc.)
All event organizers, attendees, exhibitors, and guests will be required to wear face coverings inside the facility and stay six feet apart. This requirement includes all including meeting rooms, foyers, restrooms, exhibit halls.
- All convention center staff and vendors will wear face coverings when in workplace common areas. In addition, certain convention center staff and vendors will be provided Personal Protective Equipment.
- All employees have received training regarding coronavirus safety. Individuals performing cleaning and housekeeping duties have received additional training regarding cleaning methods, product use, and other activities.
- Masks will be available for purchase at the GWCC concession stands or you can bring your own mask. The NGA will have a limited supply of masks available for attendees and exhibitors if needed.
- NOTE: The conference hotels have their own set of requirements which you will be expected to follow.
- All dining facilities are required to follow the criteria for restaurant dine-in services set forth in Section IV of this Georgia Statewide Executive Order titled “Restaurants & Dining Services.” Individually packaged meals and snacks in GlassBuild-hosted areas.
- For more information on the convention center’s cleaning process and readiness, visit the Georgia World Congress Center Authority’s COVID-19 Recovery Plan.
- GlassBuild America has contracted with a qualified first aid responder for any immediate medical need or medically related questions. Located at the Entrance of B1 Hall
- Aisle carpets are removed to allow for better disinfection and cleaning.
- Rideshare, Taxi, Limousine, and Atlanta Bus Services
- Face masks are required while using public transportation throughout the United States, and private transportation companies may mandate mask requirements at their discretion.
- The most up to date information on the health safety measures of Atlanta’s transportation services can be found here: COVID-19 (Coronavirus) - Discover Atlanta
Hotels that implemented enhanced rigorous cleanliness protocols were identified for GlassBuild hotel block. Learn more about the global programs these popular hotel chains have introduced to ensure guests enjoy a cleaner stay:
Through increased use of technology, NGA aims to minimize lines and entry transactions. Visitors are encouraged to pre-register online before the show enabling barcode scanning and contactless entry. Registration and customer service area will have a partition between attendees and staff.
- Signage and floor decals will be used to encourage social distancing in common areas.
- Plexiglass separations will be placed at registration stations, points of sale locations, concession areas, etc.
- Educational session rooms will be set with increased space between chairs to allow for social distancing.
- Educational session rooms will have one entry point and a separate exit point.
- The Georgia World Congress Center will increase sanitization of high contact surfaces within the facility between each patron group use of any shared area.
The Atlanta Convention & Visitors Bureau (ACVB) is actively monitoring developments surrounding the coronavirus as the safety and health of visitors is their top priority. Hospitality partners throughout Atlanta are implementing new and enhanced procedures to safeguard Atlanta guests.
- You can learn more about Atlanta’s COVID-19 health and safety procedures for the airport, transportation, hotels, and restaurants here: COVID-19 (Coronavirus) - Discover Atlanta
In show management areas, which include the expo hall, educational session rooms, NGA offices, etc., we will implement the following:
- You may go to any registration tablet and scan your bar code from your confirmation to receive your printed badge. You will not need to interact with registration personnel unless needed.
- Increased cleaning in all high traffic areas such as registration, Sales Office, Glazing Executives Forum.
- Increased space between chairs in the educational sessions to allow for social distancing.
- Signage and floor decals to encourage social distancing in common areas and the exhibit hall aisles.
- Designated entrances and exits to assist with attendee traffic flow.
- Protective barriers will be placed at registration stations, point of sale locations, concession areas, exhibitor service desks, information desk, etc.
September 13-15 (Monday-Wednesday)
Georgia World Congress Center
285 Andrew Young International Blvd NW
Atlanta, GA 30313
(Note: This address is not for shipment of Exhibit Materials)
Monday, September 13
10:00 am - 5:00 pm
Tuesday, September 14
10:00 am - 5:00 pm
Wednesday, September 15
9:00 am - 1:00 pm
No. NGA strictly prohibits photography, video and audio recordings, on the trade show floor, unless individual exhibitor has given permission.
Violations of the GlassBuild 2021 photography or video policy may result in removal from the GlassBuild trade show.
Contact Jonathan Watson at GlassBuild America Exhibit Sales
Phone: 703/442-4890 x142
Yes. Not only is GlassBuild America the largest glass, window, and door show in North America, it also features the most comprehensive display of both American-made and international machinery and supplies for the industry. Whatever glass, window, or door equipment, software, or component you are looking for, you will find it on our exhibit floor.
Yes. Children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult. Children 4 and under must be in a stroller.
Registration & Badges
Yes, we welcome all industry professionals and guests to Glassbuild 2021. There is no invitation required to attend unless you are traveling from an international country that requires an invitation for a visa.
To find out if you are a member and qualify for reduced member pricing, please contact Member Services at
firstname.lastname@example.org or 703/442-4890 x127.
No. GlassBuild America is only open to industry trade professionals.
No. GlassBuild America offers a three-day registration for one low price. Check for pricing when registering.
Yes. You can contact the registrar to make name substitutions for badges.
For security reasons, your Event-specific badge will be required for admittance to all in-person Events. Please wear your badge so that it can be easily seen at all times.
All Glassbuild Event badges are encoded with certain information about you, including your name and mailing address. Exhibitors can scan your badge to obtain that information. By giving an exhibitor your badge to scan, you are giving them consent to contact you.
Hotels & Travel
Be aware that when walking from your hotel to the GlassBuild show floor, you will need to walk around Centennial Park, as the city of Atlanta has closed the park.
Download a detailed walking map and follow the instructions below.
For Hilton Garden Inn, Embassy Suites, Courtyard by Marriott, head East towards Centennial Olympic Park and follow the arrows on the map. For Glenn, American Hotel, Sheraton Hilton Atlanta, Aloft, Indigo, Westin, Ritz Carlton, Holiday Inn, AC Hotel head West towards Centennial Olympic Park and follow the arrows on the map. Once at Centennial Olympic Park, head towards Marietta Street. The GWCC can be accessed via the Marietta St. entrance next to College Football Hall of Fame. The GWCC is also accessible via Andrew Young International Blvd. The entrance is on your right just past State Farm Arena and before Mercedes-Benz Stadium.
NGA and GlassBuild America are committed to following extensive health protocols for the safety of our exhibitors, attendees and staff.