COVID Safety Measures & Event FAQs
COVID-19 Safety Measures
Updated July 22, 2021
PERSONAL ACCOUNTABILITY COMMITMENT
By attending GlassBuild America in Atlanta, GA, you agree to abide by and engage in conduct that is beneficial to health and safety of the event.
We are looking forward to welcoming our attendees and exhibitors back to Atlanta. As an in-person event in 2021, GlassBuild America will help lead the way back to offering face-to-face networking and learning experiences.
The National Glass Association (NGA) is committed to creating an event experience where our participants can safely and effectively come together.
We have health measures in place and need you to play a role in helping us move forward safely with an in-person event. In addition to our show's safety protocols, the Georgia World Congress Center has implemented a program of stringent processes for cleaning, disinfection, and infectious disease prevention under its GBAC STAR™ facility accreditation. For more information, please visit www.gwcca.org/returnplan.
NOTE: NGA follows CDC’s guidelines, the city of Atlanta and the state of Georgia (which owns the Georgia World Congress Center). The safety plan and pandemic-related protocols are subject to change without advance notice.
Attendee Best Practices
Attendees who have been fully vaccinated for COVID-19 as of August 30 are not required to wear masks or maintain physical distance at GlassBuild America.
Non-vaccinated attendees are strongly encouraged to wear a face mask and maintain recommended physical distance from others at GlassBuild America. Face masks must cover from the top of the nose to the bottom of the chin. NGA has a limited supply of masks available.
This year’s GlassBuild America trade show floor and meeting rooms have been designed to reduce crowding. Please respect the personal preferences of your peers when meeting and greeting one another. For example, some people may wish to elbow bump instead of shake hands. Hand sanitizer stations will be available throughout the venue; please wash your hands often, cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue or elbow; and stay home or at the hotel if you are sick.
Exhibitor Best Practices
NGA has provided extensive guidelines for exhibitors on how to maintain adequate social distancing in their booths. These include but are not limited to:
- Use open booth designs or create a restricted area to limit groups congregating in one particular area.
- Include protective barriers at reception desks.
- Allow for open entry and exit points for island booths.
- Clean machines and other high-touch surfaces multiple times throughout the day.
- Utilize seating and/or meeting rooms to encourage adequate social distancing.
- Provide hand sanitizer in their booth.
If serving food, work with Levy Restaurants (the official catering provider for the GWCC), to ensure proper food safety.
The GWCC has received GBAC STAR™ accreditation from the Global Biorisk Advisory Council, a division of ISSA Inc., the leading association for the cleaning industry. Accreditation is awarded to facilities that follow a high standard of cleaning, disinfection, and disease prevention and that follow proper cleaning and disinfection protocols and workplace practices.
In addition, the GWCC will implement an enhanced air filtration system and increased cleaning and sanitization in all high touch building areas, including but not limited to:
- Escalator and stair handrails
- All entrance revolving door handles, the main door handles, and push bars
- Furniture in public areas
- Meeting rooms (door handles, podiums, chairs, etc.)
All event organizers, attendees, exhibitors, and guests will be required to wear face coverings inside the facility and stay six feet apart. This requirement includes all including meeting rooms, foyers, restrooms, exhibit halls.
- All convention center staff and vendors will wear face coverings when in workplace common areas. In addition, certain convention center staff and vendors will be provided Personal Protective Equipment.
- All employees have received training regarding coronavirus safety. Individuals performing cleaning and housekeeping duties have received additional training regarding cleaning methods, product use, and other activities.
- Masks will be available for purchase at the GWCC concession stands or you can bring your own mask. The NGA will have a limited supply of masks available for attendees and exhibitors if needed.
- NOTE: The conference hotels have their own set of requirements which you will be expected to follow.
- A First Aid station will be located within Hall B of the GWCC and will be able to assist attendees and/or exhibitors as needed.
- Contactless hand sanitizing stations will be located throughout the building for use by all individuals. Face coverings and hand sanitizing products will also be available for purchase at GWCC food and beverage locations.
- All dining facilities are required to follow the criteria for restaurant dine-in services set forth in Section IV of this Georgia Statewide Executive Order titled “Restaurants & Dining Services.” Individually packaged meals and snacks in GlassBuild-hosted areas.
- An isolation area will be provided for individuals experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 who are unable to immediately leave GlassBuild.
For more information on the convention center’s cleaning process and readiness, visit the Georgia World Congress Center Authority’s COVID-19 Recovery Plan.
- Contactless hand sanitizing stations will be present throughout the building for use by all individuals.
- Hand sanitizing products will be available for purchase at convention center food and beverage locations.
- GlassBuild America has contracted with a qualified first aid responder for any immediate medical need or medically related questions. Located at the Entrance of B1 Hall
- Hand sanitizing stations will be placed throughout the exhibit hall.
- Aisle carpets are removed to allow for better disinfection and cleaning.
- Rideshare, Taxi, Limousine, and Atlanta Bus Services
- Face masks are required while using public transportation throughout the United States, and private transportation companies may mandate mask requirements at their discretion.
- The most up to date information on the health safety measures of Atlanta’s transportation services can be found here: COVID-19 (Coronavirus) - Discover Atlanta
Hotels that implemented enhanced rigorous cleanliness protocols were identified for GlassBuild hotel block. Learn more about the global programs these popular hotel chains have introduced to ensure guests enjoy a cleaner stay:
Through increased use of technology, NGA aims to minimize lines and entry transactions. Visitors are encouraged to pre-register online before the show enabling barcode scanning and contactless entry. Registration and customer service area will have a partition between attendees and staff.
- Signage and floor decals will be used to encourage social distancing in common areas.
- Plexiglass separations will be placed at registration stations, points of sale locations, concession areas, etc.
- Educational session rooms will be set with increased space between chairs to allow for social distancing.
- Educational session rooms will have one entry point and a separate exit point.
- The Georgia World Congress Center will increase sanitization of high contact surfaces within the facility between each patron group use of any shared area.
The Atlanta Convention & Visitors Bureau (ACVB) is actively monitoring developments surrounding the coronavirus as the safety and health of visitors is their top priority. Hospitality partners throughout Atlanta are implementing new and enhanced procedures to safeguard Atlanta guests.
- You can learn more about Atlanta’s COVID-19 health and safety procedures for the airport, transportation, hotels, and restaurants here: COVID-19 (Coronavirus) - Discover Atlanta
In show management areas, which include the expo hall, educational session rooms, NGA offices, etc., we will implement the following:
- You may go to any registration tablet and scan your bar code from your confirmation to receive your printed badge. You will not need to interact with registration personnel unless needed.
- Increased cleaning in all high traffic areas such as registration, Sales Office, Glazing Executives Forum.
- Increased space between chairs in the educational sessions to allow for social distancing.
- Signage and floor decals to encourage social distancing in common areas and the exhibit hall aisles.
- Designated entrances and exits to assist with attendee traffic flow.
- Protective barriers will be placed at registration stations, point of sale locations, concession areas, exhibitor service desks, information desk, etc.
When booking the appointment, select the rapid test option. All appointments can be booked online.
Urgent Care 24/7 - Centennial
285 Centennial Olympic Park Drive, Atlanta, GA 30313
Peachtree Immediate Care – Midtown
450 14th Street NW, Atlanta, GA 30318
Piedmont Urgent Care by WellStreet - Virginia Highlands
882 Ponce De Leon Ave NE, Atlanta, GA 30306
Peachtree Immediate Care – Edgewood
1220 Caroline Street Suite A-230, Atlanta, GA 30307
September 13-15 (Monday-Wednesday)
Georgia World Congress Center
285 Andrew Young International Blvd NW
Atlanta, GA 30313
(Note: This address is not for shipment of Exhibit Materials)
Monday, September 13
10:00 am - 5:00 pm
Tuesday, September 14
10:00 am - 5:00 pm
Wednesday, September 15
9:00 am - 1:00 pm
No. NGA strictly prohibits photography, video and audio recordings, on the trade show floor, unless individual exhibitor has given permission.
Violations of the GlassBuild 2021 photography or video policy may result in removal from the GlassBuild trade show.
Contact Jonathan Watson at GlassBuild America Exhibit Sales
Phone: 703/442-4890 x142
Yes. Not only is GlassBuild America the largest glass, window, and door show in North America, it also features the most comprehensive display of both American-made and international machinery and supplies for the industry. Whatever glass, window, or door equipment, software, or component you are looking for, you will find it on our exhibit floor.
Yes. Children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult. Children 4 and under must be in a stroller.
Registration & Badges
Yes, we welcome all industry professionals and guests to Glassbuild 2021. There is no invitation required to attend unless you are traveling from an international country that requires an invitation for a visa.
To find out if you are a member and qualify for reduced member pricing, please contact Member Services at
email@example.com or 703/442-4890 x127.
No. GlassBuild America is only open to industry trade professionals.
No. GlassBuild America offers a three-day registration for one low price. Check for pricing when registering.
Yes. You can contact the registrar to make name substitutions for badges.
For security reasons, your Event-specific badge will be required for admittance to all in-person Events. Please wear your badge so that it can be easily seen at all times.
All Glassbuild Event badges are encoded with certain information about you, including your name and mailing address. Exhibitors can scan your badge to obtain that information. By giving an exhibitor your badge to scan, you are giving them consent to contact you.
Hotels & Travel
Hotel rooms for exhibitors and attendees are open now. Be sure to use the official housing bureau, Eventsphere for booking your rooms.
The Official Housing vendor of GlassBuild America is EventSphere.
HOTEL SCAM ADVISORY
GlassBuild America wants you to be aware that several housing agencies are misrepresenting themselves as the hotel booking company for GlassBuild America. NGA and our official vendor EventSphere are the only official providers of housing for GlassBuild America. No other housing company or travel agency is authorized to place hotel reservations on behalf of GlassBuild America. Be aware and avoid dealing with these deceptive companies. To avoid further solicitation if they reach out to you, you must tell them directly that they are not to contact you again.
NGA and GlassBuild America are committed to following extensive health protocols for the safety of our exhibitors, attendees and staff.